The developer over at iWazDev has created the best, feature packed and most expensive (or free if you decide to download it from a repo that hosts cracked apps) WiFi auditing tool out there. It is also the most difficult to setup as you are required to download 12 iWep Pro dictionaries in Cydia (2004 to 2011) for offline use.
If you do not want to spend the hefty price tag, you can download -> iWep Pro Free Full Version 4.1.3. But it is seriously worth the money.
1. Dictionary Downloads (Download them all)
New iWazowski Cydia Repo
There is a new temporary repo if the links above do not work: http://iwazowski.hostzi.com/repo/
Dictionaries are DEB files, and have to be installed just like all other DEBs (using iFile or via MobileTerminal / SSH) or downloading them from the iWazowski repo: http://iwazowski.com/repo/. They extract as speedSHA1dic files.
Check out the video below on how to install it or use the written instructions.
2. Upload the files to your device
First, you have to know where you want the .deb files (e.g /var/mobile/Media/Downloads) and upload the files on to your device. Best to use the easier method.
3. Install iWep Pro & Dictionaries
- Install iFile from Cydia
- Download iFunbox, Cyberduck or iExplorer (or install afc2add and openSSH in Cydia)
- Download desired (.debs) files (if you haven't yet) to your desktop
- Run one of the apps and connect your iPhone, iPod or iPad usb cable
- The program will show your device contents, Now navigate to any folder for example: var/mobile/Documents (if you can't access the root directory, download afc2add in Cydia)
- Move (.deb) files from your desktop to var/mobile/Documents
- Run iFile from your iOS, and navigate to the same folder i.e. var/mobile/Documents
- Click on (.deb) file and select install one by one until you install all the required dictionaries
1. Start Cydia, go to 'Search', type 'Mobile Terminal' and install it (if you haven't yet). Be aware that there are different versions for different iOSs.
2. Repeat step 1 for 'OpenSSH'
3. Start 'MobileTerminal'
4. Type the following:
• su root (press return)
• alpine (press return)
Install iWep Pro and the Dictionaries through Mobile Terminal e.g. type:
dpkg -i /var/mobile/Media/Downloads/iWep Pro 5.0.1.deb (Note you can rename the.deb files e.g 1.deb which will make it quicker to install) and do that with the rest of the files you downloaded.
Activating Your Licence in 5.0 & 5.0.1
Slightly different than the video for 5.0
Open iWEP Pro app
Tap on "Settings" tab
Tap on "Register application"
Enter at least 3 letters/numbers into "PayPal Code" field
Tap on "Validate" button
Using the App
The MAC address is shown during the network scan, signal strength is shown and you can also connect and test the password through the app. Another good thing is that he offers a trial which is ad supported. Here is a list of supported networks. Do any of these look familiar?
Table 2: Supported Networks
If you want something for Mac try STkeys