Dishing Tech

Dishing Tech is a unique tech blog that offers news, how to's, tips, tweaks on pretty much anything tech related. We Dish out the latest news on gadgets and hardware. Provide Mac and iDevice reviews as well as provide tutorials on hacking, jailbreaking, internet security and visualisation.

17 May 2012

My Favourite Reaver & Aircrack Script



Before I start with Reaver or aircrack-ng it is good to use the following commands. First I spoof my mac address, then I ensure that my device is not in use and change my TX power to my device using the CRDA regulatory domain code BO for Bolivia (Country List). Then I make sure injection is working, if it is not I make sure it is.


# Change Mac Address
sudo airmon-ng stop wlan0
sudo iwconfig wlan0
sudo ifconfig wlan0 down
sudo macchanger --mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 wlan0
sudo ifconfig wlan0


#Device Busy
sudo iwconfig wlan0
sudo ifconfig wlan0 down
sudo iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor
sudo ifconfig wlan0 up
sudo iwconfig wlan0
sudo airodump-ng wlan0
sleep 30


dmesg| tail -20
sudo rmmod rtl8187
sudo rfkill block all
sudo rfkill unblock all
sudo modprobe rtl8187
sudo rfkill unblock all
sudo ifconfig wlan0 up
sudo airmon-ng start wlan0
sudo airmon-ng
sudo airodump-ng mon0
sudo ifconfig wlan0 down
sudo iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor
sudo ifconfig wlan0 up
sudo iwconfig wlan0
sudo aireplay-ng -9 wlan0


#Change Txpower
iw reg set BO
iwconfig wlan0 txpower 30dbm


#Test Injection
sudo aireplay-ng -9 wlan0

6 comments:

  1. how to set txpower in xiaopan. got the invalid argument. not sure how to set bolivia proxy in there also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is how you do it in BackTrack: http://dishingtech.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/change-tx-power-in-backtrack-5-r2.html for some reason I am not sure why it is not working in Xiaopan or Beini. I get the following error: Error for wireless request "Set Tx Power" (8B26) :
    SET failed on device wlan1 ; Invalid argument. Might have something to do with CDRA and compat-wireless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!
    First let me congratulate you regarding this page. It's full of relevant information and is a great read. It came as a surprise to me that WPA(2) can be cracked, so I instantly decided to have a go at my WPS enabled router. Downloaded XiaoPan 0.4.2.2 (newest ver) and ran it in VMWare. It ran great, however, I stumbled upon a problem.
    I have a rtl8187 wifi card (this is the driver xiaopan uses) listed as wlan0. Now, I remember back in the days that bringing up monitor mode on wlan0 creates mon0 (backtrack4 - "airmon-ng start wlan0" command). I tried it here - but it doesn't work. It states that "monitor mode enabled" or something, but no mon0 interface was created. When trying to use wlan0, AP scans (Inflator - wash - scan, Bib) come up empty! "aireplay-ng -9 wlan0" command ends with 0% success.I found my old BT4 vmware PC, installed reaver 1.4 there, and it's working perfectly. But I would rather prefer this one, as it's a lightweight system...What might be the problem?Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you @Colonial1113  its rewarding getting comments like the one you just gave. Is it an rtl8187B or the rtl8187L version? the B version has problems with Xiaopan, you have to run a script file within Xiaopan to use the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is a 8187B! Is there a way to make sure, how to check this? And what script should I run and how? I must confess I am not a pro, I can follow tutorials, but am unable to troubleshoot :) Could you provide a link?
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The B version is not as well supported on Linux. You could open up your device, it would tell you then underneath the ugly crab. If that is not an option I guess you could load the .sh file and see what happens. i do not think of a command you could run. Maybe 'sudo iwconfig' will tell you or your device model number might also give it away.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...